There are many things for sale on the internet. There are even more things for sale in the real world. Goods, services, or information. If you want something on the internet, that is not for sale in the traditional marketplaces, you are out of luck. That is, until now.
Now on Wishcan, you can ask for anything. Goods, services, or information. You just need to make a request, help broadcast that request via your social network, and people will help you fulfill that request. Do you want someone to make you a sandwich? You got it. Just ask for it.
So, what is “anything”?
Anything includes any goods, tangible or intangible, services that a person or a company is willing to sell, or information. How can you buy “anything”? Well, at Wishcan, you can.
What is Wishcan?
Wishcan is where the virtual community of Wishcan is based.
How exactly can you buy anything at Wishcan?
Wishcan adopts an open forum for reverse auctions for goods, services, and information (Ok... that makes sense).
To BUY or ASK, follow these three steps.
- Describe what you want.
- Specify when you want it.
- Estimate your budget.
To SELL or BID, follow these three steps:
- Clarify what is to be sold.
- Bargain for a higher price, or compete as the lowest bidder.
- Finish the trade before the deadline.
After the Bidding, 2 things would happen in the Settlement stage.
- The transfer of deliverables would occur. Only if the Asker is completely satisfied with the deliverables, he or she will then ask Wishcan to release the escrowed fund to the Bidders.
- Asker and Bidder would then review each other’s performance. These comments will be used to improve a user’s credibility and expert status. All these values contribute to a user’s experience value, as expressed by the status of a user in the hierarchy of Wishcan. Higher status individuals would enjoy certain privileges.
How can the Askers be sure that they will get what they want?
On the Asker’s part, he or she can increase the offer, or lengthen the time, in order to attract more Bidders
On the Bidders’ part, many Bidders, including businesses and Wishcan staff, are competing for the Asker’s money.
How can the Bidders be sure that they will get their money?
If the Bidder is concerned with whether the Asker will honor the payment terms, a few options may be used. For example, payment-on-delivery, payment before delivery, payment by milestones reached, or an escrow service such as Escrow.com.
How does Wishcan make a profit?
At the moment, it's all free. So we are living on advertisements alone. But, we might charge for additional features in the future.
What if I don't get what I want?
It is completely free to make an Ask. So, you don't lose anything if no one responds to your requests (we suggest that you can try increasing your offer, or extending the bidding time).
If, however, the trade with a Bidder did not go smoothly, Wishcan has an extensive conflict resolution policy that will protect both the Bidders and the Askers.